How to cancel your Vaya service
We’re sorry to hear that you’re looking to cancel your Vaya service. Before we run you through how to cancel, there are a few things you should know:
- All saved voicemail messages will be lost once your service is cancelled.
- You will not be able to use the SIM card again for any other Vaya service.
- If you’re on a prepaid 12 month plan, you will not be able to get a refund for any unused months of your service.
Your next steps differ depending on whether you’re moving your number to a new provider or canceling your phone number all together.
I want to transfer my number to a new provider
If you're transferring your number to a new provider (also called ‘porting’), simply contact them to arrange the transfer. Your new provider will let us know you’ve requested to move your number over and we’ll cancel your service when your number is transferred to them. Keep in mind:
- You’ll need to give your new provider your Vaya account number as part of the number transfer process – you’ll find it on your latest bill, which you can download from My Account.
- Number transfers typically take two business days to process. Your Vaya SIM will continue working until your number makes it to your new SIM.
If you’re moving providers to get a new phone, visit our Vaya devices store. Our vast range of devices are available to buy outright or payable over 12 or 24 months.
I want to cancel my number
If you no longer require your Vaya mobile number, simply login to My Account and select the ‘Cancel service’ button. Once you’ve requested to cancel, your cancellation will need to be finalised over the phone so one of our friendly customer service representatives will be in touch at your preferred time.
Alternatively, you can Live Chat or email us to arrange your cancellation.
Please note: You will lose your mobile number when your service is cancelled.