We’re sorry to hear that you’re looking to cancel your Vaya service. Before we run you through how to cancel, there are a few things you should know:
- All saved voicemail messages will be lost once your service is cancelled.
- You will not be able to use the SIM card again for any other Vaya service.
- Your Vaya plan renews on the 1st of each month, when you’ll be charged for that month and given your full plan inclusions. If you leave before the end of the month, you’ll lose any unused inclusions and won’t be able to get a refund for any unused days. To get the best value from your last month, consider cancelling close to the end of it.
- If you’re on a prepaid 12 month plan, you will not be able to get a refund for any unused months of your service.
- If you’re on a 24 month contract, you may incur fees if you cancel before your contract is complete. Contact us to discuss your options.
Your next steps differ depending on if you’re moving your number to a new provider or canceling your phone number all together.
I want to transfer my number to a new provider
If you're transferring your number to a new provider (also called ‘porting’), simply contact them to arrange the transfer. Your new provider will let us know you’ve requested to move your number over and we’ll cancel your service when your number is transferred to them. Keep in mind:
- You’ll need to give your new provider your Vaya account number as part of the number transfer process – you’ll find it on your latest bill, which you can download from My Account.
- Number transfers typically take two business days to process. They can take longer, usually if your details with your new provider don’t match what we’ve got on file. Your Vaya SIM will continue working until your number makes it to your new SIM.
If you’re moving your number to get a better deal, check our Vaya Price Beat Guarantee before you go. If you spot a better price on a comparable mobile plan with the same voice, text & data as one of our Vaya plans, we’ll match that price and give you a month with Vaya for free as well. Excludes promotional prices. Check out the full details, including how to claim it and the T&Cs.
If you’re moving providers to get a new phone, do visit our Vaya Phone Stop. Devices are available to buy outright or payable over 12 or 24 months.
I want to cancel my number